Get the most out of your new computer. Our IT technicians will work with you to set up your new computer remotely from your home to tune your operating system, remove non-essential programmes, and set up critical
updates for you so your computer runs as quickly and reliably as possible. They’ll also install your Trend Micro maximum Internet Security software that will protect your computer for 1 year.
Using our service is easy!
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
- Purchase your new computer (PC or MAC) instore or online.
- Choose the Tech support 1 year of internet security for up to 3 devices plus in home set up and add this to your purchase instore or online.
- Apply payment
- Complete your transaction
When you are ready, our Tech Support team will work with you to set up your new computer remotely from your home. !
To avoid expiry, you must activate this service within 28 days of purchase+
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NEXT:
1. Switch on your computer and follow the on screen prompts to start the Windows installation process. Please note: This could take 20 mins - 2 hours depending on the computer brand and model. On your web
browser i.e. Edge - type the following website address into the browser: www.g2gap.com
Please DO NOT use the computer to browse the internet until your setup has been completed by your technician.*
ENSURE YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION READY:
- An active internet service connection via Cable or WIFI*
- Your network name and network (KEY, SSID or PASSWORD).
- Your computer (PC or MAC) log in user Name and Password.
- The Microsoft Office (activation product key) purchased separately to be installed.
Your Microsoft Account details:
Microsoft email address and password
(If this is not available or you have never had one, please advise the technician for further details)
2. CALL US NOW ON 1300 447 715 TO HELP YOU GET STARTED.
YOUR TECHNICIAN WILL:
- Verify your Tech Support Setup Purchase using The unique verification code Or Your name, email and provided contact number
- Guide you through the remote internet connection process step-by-step
- Install 1 year of internet security for up to 3 devices PLUS Install and set up Microsoft office software you already own or purchased using the UNIQUE ACTIVATION CODE.
- Optimise your start up menu by turning off the services and programs Windows automatically loads during start up, so your computer is up and running faster
- Set the correct date and time zone on your computer
- Remove bloat ware (trial ware, adware and other unwanted and unnecessary programs) to prevent your computer from freezing up, crashing and slowing down
- Maximise your Windows operating system by tuning, configuring and optimising your Windows settings for best performance. This ensures your computer runs smoothly, efficiently, and quickly, eliminating
the frustration and stress in the future of using a slow, unstable computer
- Establish Windows security full functionality such as your Firewall, Windows defender and third party Internet security updates
- Schedule the installation of automatic critical system updates and product upgrades on your computer for better performance
- Set Windows to defragment automatically so your Windows registry is repaired and optimised, helping programs load faster and boosting performance
- Create additional Windows user accounts for multiple users in your household
- Clean up and optimise all your Windows desktop tiles
- Complete a system reboot and final optimisation test
- Leave a notification message on your desktop when the setup service has been completed.
+The good guys require all remote in home pc set ups to be accessed and completed within 28 days of the purchase date, to help avoid possible corruption to the required manufacturers default settings and programs.
* The cost of Internet usage for remote access is at a cost to the Customer and this cost may be higher if you are using prepaid Internet services. You must have BROADBAND Internet or NBN already connected in your home to use this service. Microsoft office sold separately.
For full terms and conditions visitwww.thegoodguys.com.au