induction cooktops and steam assist ovens
are full of features designed to make cooking for modern families less chaotic and more enjoyable - really clever
Silent, powerful and stylish
Schweigen rangehoods powerfully extract smoke, steam and odours from your kitchen without making a sound.LEARN MORE
Shop by brand
Other things to consider
Top Things to Consider When Choosing Cooking Appliances
- What size of dishwasher will best suit your kitchen? When buying a dishwasher you’ll need to consider the size of the unit, requiring you to get the measuring tape out and calculate the dimensions of the space where it will go.
- What type of dishwasher do you need? Freestanding dishwashers are suitable for kitchens with spaces for slotting appliances in, while built-in dishwashers are more common in designer kitchens.
- What features and technology do you need in your dishwasher? While there is a certain amount of variety between different brands of dishwasher, there are a number of common features available including delayed start and self-cleaning filters.
- What size oven and type will best suit your kitchen? If you're filling an existing cavity in cabinetry, make sure you know any size restrictions up front to avoid costly changes.
- How often do you cook and how many are you cooking for? If you have a large household to cook for, a double oven or a bank of ovens will help you cook more at one time.
- What features and technology will make cooking easier for you? New pyrolytic self-cleaning functions and cooking programs can make ovens more versatile and easy to maintain. Learn more about choosing the perfect oven for your kitchen with our oven buying guide.
- What size cooktop and type will best suit your kitchen? Gas gives you fast, instantly adjustable heat, electric cooktops are affordable, and induction cooktops are the safest with the fastest cooking speeds. Carefully consider your cooktop size and positioning during the design phase to avoid costly changes later.
- How often do you cook and how many are you cooking for? If you have a large household to cook for, it’s worth considering a big cooktop with lots of cooking space so you can cook more at once.
- What features and technology will make cooking easier for you? A gas wok burner makes stir-frying easier, while electric and induction cooktops with sensor-cooking technology allow you to put the pan anywhere on the surface and the area underneath heats up.
- What size rangehood and type will best suit your kitchen? The size and power of your cooktop, style of your kitchen, and available space will determine whether a slideout, fixed, or undermount rangehood will work best and what size, so think about this carefully during the design phase to avoid costly changes later.
- Why is a rangehood important? A rangehood prevents cooking grease, odours and mould from building up in your kitchen, and contributes to your overall kitchen style. A canopy rangehood is powerful and makes a stylish statement, a slideout rangehood is hidden away when not in use, and an undermounted rangehood is permanently hidden for clean kitchen lines and minimalist style.
- What features and technology will make cleaning up easier for you? Some rangehoods have slideout filters you can clean in the dishwasher.