Tips & Guides
Back To Uni Guides
Beat The Heat
Buy Right The First Time
Ultra HD TVs
Full HD TVs
TV & Projector Accessories
Wall Mounts & Stands
for your living rom
Fridges & Freezers
top kitchen trends 2023
Cooking & Dishwashers
Sinks & Taps
for your kitchen reno
BBQs & Outdoor Cooking
tasty vegetarian recipes
Small Kitchen Appliances
Grills & Sandwich Presses
Mixers & Food Processors
Coffee Machines & Beverages
Toasters & Kettles
for easy weekend dinners
your washing machine
Computers, Tablets & Gaming
Desktop & Laptop
iPad & Tablets
Software & Accessories
Printers, Paper & Ink
Guide to the best laptops
CREATE FAMILY FUN
Phones & Wearables
Mobile Phone Accessories
Home Phones & Walkie Talkies
top 5 phones 2023
Vacuums & Cleaners
Carpet Cleaners & Steam Mops
Vacuum & Cleaning Accessories
get a spotless floor
Heating & Cooling
the best pet air purifiers
upgrade your workspace
Health & Grooming
Health & Fitness
Nail your hair at home
Sport, Outdoors & Fitness
Home Gym Equipment
E-Scooters & E-Bikes
Safety Gear & Accessories
for your post-workout
with great value cameras
Automatic Lawn Mowers
Smart Pet Technology
that get the job done
Shop All Deals
Choose The Good Guys
Home Services for your Installation!
Which product do you need installed?
CHOICES, EVERY DAY
To save you time, you can now use our online form
for all Returns, Refund, Repairs and Exchanges.
Gold Service Extras Members get access to product care from day one, plus
extra benefits from StoreCash to exclusive offers and sales!
Learn more about your benefits.
Members start your report online for speedy service.
Get your Digital Wallet here.
Lodge a claim to begin the swap or screen replacement
Help with your mobile needs.
No stores can be found within 500km of the search data. Please try a different postcode or suburb
December 7, 2023 – 5 min read
You’ve served up the world’s best steak and snags from the barbecue. Everyone is thinking about something sweet and then, fresh from the grill, you pull a … dessert! Wait, what?
Hosting at home is the big trend for outdoor entertaining this year, and what better way to wow guests than by whipping up a sweet sensation from the grill. Who says the BBQ fun has to end after the main meal?
Guests will be angling for seconds with these inspired BBQ dessert ideas from our friends at Weber and BeefEater.
But first, let’s make sure your barbecue is up to the task!
A clean barbecue surface is essential when cooking desserts. Old oils and dirty grill plates won’t do delicate desserts justice. An even heat under the hood is also important, as well as accurate temperature control to recreate the kitchen oven. Next-gen barbecues make cooking anything a breeze, and could even inspire a full-scale outdoor kitchen makeover.
“The latest barbecues feature in-built thermometers and temperature probes, plus new tech that allows you to control the heat from your smartphone. All of this helps you bake on the barbecue with confidence,” says Scott Bazley, The Good Guys Buyer – Seasonal.
And when it comes to baking on a BBQ, you’ll want to “stretch your imagination,” says Weber Grill Master Laura Romeo. “Anything that can be cooked inside on your stove top, in your oven or in your air fryer can be cooked outside on your barbecue,” says Laura.
Weber Family Q 3100N+ LP Midnight Black
BeefEater 1200 Series Black Enamel 5 Burner BBQ & Trolley
BeefEater 1600 Series Dark 4 Burner Built In BBQ
This recipe by Weber Grill Master Laura Romeo is a carb lover’s dream and a time-honoured classic. With a 40-minute BBQ bake time, you can secretly pop the pre-made pudding onto the hot grill straight after serving the mains for a delightful dessert.
Prep Time: 15 mins
BBQ Cooking Time: 30-40 mins
1 tbsp sugar, plus extra 1 tsp, to sprinkle
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp sultanas
1 tbsp chopped walnuts
3 slices bread, buttered, with crusts removed
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Whipped cream or ice cream, to serve
1. Prepare the barbecue for indirect cooking over medium-low heat (170°C to 190°C). If you’re using a Weber Q barbecue, set up your barbecue with a convection tray and trivet.
2. Beat the eggs with 1 tbsp of the sugar, the vanilla and milk. Strain the mixture into a lightly buttered aluminium drip pan. Add the sultanas and walnuts.
3. Cut the buttered bread into triangles and float them on top of the egg and milk mixture. Sprinkle the pudding with the remaining sugar and the cinnamon.
4. Bake the pudding over indirect medium-low heat, with the lid closed, for 30 to 40 mins, or until the custard is set. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Weber Q 2600N+ LP Midnight Black
Weber Q 2000N LP Midnight Black
Weber Baby Q1000N LP Midnight Black
A drizzle of maple syrup and a dash of barbecue theatre – that sums up this sweet treat from BeefEater. Let your guests unwrap these golden parcels for a caramelised surprise. Pair with vanilla ice cream for a match made in heaven.
Prep Time: 15 mins
BBQ Cooking Time: 8-10 mins
6 bananas, peeled, split in half
3 cinnamon sticks, cut in half
6 dessert spoons of maple syrup
Zest of one large orange
Vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Lay out 6 sheets of aluminium foil on the kitchen bench, then lay 6 sheets of greaseproof paper over the top of the aluminium. Fold all four corners together to form a ‘paper bowl’.
2. Place 2 banana halves in each paper bowl and share out all the other ingredients equally between the bowls. Close up the parcels by crimping the foil together at the top.
3. Place on the BBQ plate and cook on a low heat for 8-10 mins. Once cooked, open the envelopes in front of your guests so they can smell the aroma of the baked bananas, and serve with your favourite vanilla ice cream.
An Aussie barbie classic, a pavlova, isn’t something you’d immediately think to create on the BBQ but Weber Grill Master Laura Romeo loves making the classic meringue in her Weber.
“It’s just like baking a pavlova in the oven,” she says. “Turn the barbecue off and leave the pav in the barbecue, with the lid closed, for at least 30 minutes. This will prevent sudden temperature changes and reduce the chance of cracking.”
Now for an Aussie twist on this much loved American dessert – let’s throw it on the barbie, mate! From Weber Grill Master Laura Romeo comes this warm, gooey chocolate and marshmallow dip, served with sweet biscuits.
Prep Time: 10 mins
BBQ Cooking Time: 15-20 mins
½ tbsp vegetable oil
300g chocolate chips
2 Mars bars (or chocolate bar of choice), sliced
Biscuits (any sweet variety, for dipping)
1. Set up your barbecue for indirect cooking (for the Weber Q Range, use a convection tray and trivet). Preheat your barbecue on HIGH for 10 mins.
2. Add the oil to a small Weber Q Ware Fry Pan. Add chocolate chips to the pan and layer with sliced chocolate bars. Top with marshmallows.
3. Once the barbecue is preheated, turn the control knob to the roast setting. If using a Family Q, turn the small burner OFF and leave the larger burner on HIGH.
4. Position the frying pan on the convection tray and trivet, and cook until the marshmallows are golden, about 15-20 mins. Serve with your favourite biscuits and fresh strawberries.
If you want to host a sweet summer soiree, then a dessert on the grill makes the perfect ending. Upgrade your barbecue now and create an entertainer’s paradise with the BeefEater or Weber BBQ range. See our team in-store or online to get the best BBQ for you and your family.
If you’re looking to upgrade your oven – let us help find the right one for you.
Everything you need to know about air fryers including health benefits and our top tips.
Our guide to buying the right dishwasher for your kitchen, lifestyle and budget.
Here's why you should consider embracing Induction in your kitchen.
¤Discounts apply to previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate, products will likely have been sold below ticketed/advertised price prior to the discount offer.
>Qualifying conditions, including signing up to StoreCash and downloading Digital Wallet before purchase. Individual product pages on The Good Guys website show which products earn StoreCash. StoreCash expires 90 days after issue and is issued within 5 business days after delivery/collection of qualifying purchase which must be within 60 days of purchase. Personal purchases only. Exclusions and purchase limits apply. Each StoreCash reward must be used in one transaction and no change/credit for any unused balance. Refer to StoreCash T&Cs & Digital Wallet T&Cs for details, including how to be notified about StoreCash deposits to your Digital Wallet.