Tips & Guides
Back To Uni Guides
Beat The Heat
Buy Right The First Time
Ultra HD TVs
Full HD TVs
TV & Projector Accessories
Wall Mounts & Stands
for your living rom
Fridges & Freezers
top kitchen trends 2023
Cooking & Dishwashers
Sinks & Taps
for your kitchen reno
BBQs & Outdoor Cooking
tasty vegetarian recipes
Small Kitchen Appliances
Grills & Sandwich Presses
Mixers & Food Processors
Coffee Machines & Beverages
Toasters & Kettles
for easy weekend dinners
your washing machine
Computers, Tablets & Gaming
Desktop & Laptop
iPad & Tablets
Software & Accessories
Printers, Paper & Ink
Guide to the best laptops
CREATE FAMILY FUN
Phones & Wearables
Mobile Phone Accessories
Home Phones & Walkie Talkies
top 5 phones 2023
Vacuums & Cleaners
Carpet Cleaners & Steam Mops
Vacuum & Cleaning Accessories
get a spotless floor
Heating & Cooling
the best pet air purifiers
upgrade your workspace
Health & Grooming
Health & Fitness
Nail your hair at home
Sport, Outdoors & Fitness
Home Gym Equipment
E-Scooters & E-Bikes
Safety Gear & Accessories
for your post-workout
with great value cameras
Automatic Lawn Mowers
Smart Pet Technology
that get the job done
Shop All Deals
Choose The Good Guys
Home Services for your Installation!
Which product do you need installed?
CHOICES, EVERY DAY
To save you time, you can now use our online form
for all Returns, Refund, Repairs and Exchanges.
Gold Service Extras Members get access to product care from day one, plus
extra benefits from StoreCash to exclusive offers and sales!
Learn more about your benefits.
Members start your report online for speedy service.
Get your Digital Wallet here.
Lodge a claim to begin the swap or screen replacement
Help with your mobile needs.
No stores can be found within 500km of the search data. Please try a different postcode or suburb
December 7, 2023 – 5 min read
It’s official, seafood is the new steak this summer! Land a legendary seafood barbecue with salmon, snapper and Spanish paella – the latest foodie fashion trends we can’t wait to reel in. The secret is to keep it simple. Think tangy seafood marinades, easy to whiz up in a food processor, and inspired side dishes to complement your grilled catch. Could side dishes be a job for your air fryer? We think so.
Here are some of the best BBQ recipes and fuss-free fish dishes from our friends at BeefEater and Weber that are sure to hook the guests.
When it comes to buying and cooking seafood, your first priority should be good fridge storage – as any good entertainer will tell you. Seafood needs to be stored below 4°C and should be tightly sealed in plastic wrap and eaten within two days.
Next on the checklist: a quality barbecue. Fish and seafood can break apart easily when cooking, so it’s handy to have a flat barbecue plate section.
“When you’re cooking seafood, an easy-clean barbecue is an absolute must, to stop flavours contaminating your next meal,” says Scott Bazley, The Good Guys Buyer – Seasonal. “Rustproof porcelain-enamelled cooking grills, along with plates featuring built-in oil channels, make cleaning straightforward.”
If a seafood feast is on the cards and it’s time to upgrade the barbecue, your only dilemma might be whether to go gas or electric, or perhaps you should go completely portable for a seaside seafood picnic? Doing your homework before you buy will ensure you buy the best barbecue to suit your needs.
And now, it’s time for the main course – the best seafood recipes to get mouths watering this summer!
Weber Baby Q1000N LP Midnight Black
Weber Q 2600N+ LP Midnight Black
Weber Family Q 3100N+ LP Midnight Black
BBQ salmon is ideal for an outdoor barbecue grill as salmon is often supplied with the skin on, which helps hold the flakes together. Tip: Start with a hot barbecue and don’t turn the fish until it’s almost ready – it is less likely to fall apart. This delicious recipe is courtesy of our friends at Beefeater.
Prep time: 15 mins
BBQ time: 2–3 mins (+ up to 2 hours marinating time)
4 salmon fillets, skin on
Olive oil, to brush and drizzle
Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
½ cup olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
½ cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
3–4 cloves garlic, finely grated
1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
¾ tsp dried oregano
1 tsp sea salt flakes
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Combine all chimichurri ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. Allow chimichurri to sit for at least 5–10 minutes, and up to 2 hours, to release the flavours into the oil before using.
3. Brush barbecue plate with oil. Preheat to medium.
4. Drizzle salmon generously with oil, and season. Place on barbecue, skin side down.
5. Cook for 3 minutes or until the skin is golden and crispy, then use tongs to carefully turn. Cook for another 2–3 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
6. Transfer salmon to a plate and drizzle with chimichurri.
BeefEater ProLine Integrated Built-in BBQ with Hood
BeefEater 1200 Series Stainless Steel 4 Burner Built-in BBQ
BeefEater 1600 Series SS 5 Burner Built-in BBQ
This Spanish rice dish is a barbecue showstopper, with a selection of seafood that you can mix and match. It’s a meal on its own, or serve with a green salad and crusty bread. Recipe by Laura Romeo, Weber Grill Master.
Prep time: 20 mins
BBQ time: 30 mins
3 tbsp olive oil
2 small red capsicum, seeds removed, 1 cut in half, 1 finely chopped
350g paella rice
250g squid, diced
2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ tsp salt
500ml chicken stock
3 tsp spanish smoked paprika
10–12 saffron threads
6 large green prawns
2 blue swimmer crabs, halved
3 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1. Set up your Weber Q for direct cooking. Place a Weber Q Ware Casserole Dish (without the lid) or deep frying pan in the centre of the barbecue and add the oil. Preheat on high for 10 minutes.
2. Once the Q is preheated, leave heat setting on high. Place the half capsicum on the grill and cook for 6–8 minutes, turning once.
3. While the capsicum is grilling, add rice, squid, tomato, onion, garlic, salt and chopped capsicum to casserole dish. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Once the capsicum is grilled, remove it from the Q and place in a bowl. Cover bowl with cling wrap and set aside.
5. Add the stock, paprika and saffron to the casserole and stir through. Cook for 12–15 minutes on high, with the barbecue lid down, until stock is reduced and the rice grains are swollen (do not stir).
6. While the paella is cooking, peel the skin off the capsicum, tear the flesh into thin strips and set aside.
7. Push the prawns, mussels, pippies and crabs partially into the rice and cook for 5 minutes. Scatter with the peas, strips of roasted capsicum and parsley, and cook for a further 5 minutes.
A hint of lemon myrtle and the tang of fresh lime takes this whole barbecue snapper to the next mouth-watering level of delicious. If you can’t source a banana leaf, use baking paper to wrap the fish. Recipe by Beefeater.
Prep time: 10 mins
BBQ time: 10–12 mins
750g whole snapper, cleaned and scaled
50g softened butter
2 tsp dried lemon myrtle leaves
2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 limes, sliced
1 large banana leaf
Green salad leaves, to serve
1. Score both sides of the snapper. Heat the Beefeater BBQ flat grill to medium-low.
2. Season both sides of the snapper with salt and pepper.
3. Combine butter, lemon myrtle and parsley. Push into the slits in the flesh of the snapper on both sides.
4. Place a large piece of baking paper on the banana leaf. Arrange the lime slices on the paper and place the snapper on top.
5. Fold the paper and banana leaf over the snapper and secure with a skewer or string.
6. Place the snapper parcel on the flat grill and cook for 10–12 minutes. Serve with salad leaves.
Don’t let this one get away! Land a legendary seafood barbecue with these barbecue seafood recipes from Weber and BeefEater. Is it time to upgrade your grill? See our helpful team members in-store or shop online for fast home delivery.
If you’re looking to upgrade your oven – let us help find the right one for you.
Everything you need to know about air fryers including health benefits and our top tips.
Our guide to buying the right dishwasher for your kitchen, lifestyle and budget.
Here's why you should consider embracing Induction in your kitchen.
¤Discounts apply to previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate, products will likely have been sold below ticketed/advertised price prior to the discount offer.
>Qualifying conditions, including signing up to StoreCash and downloading Digital Wallet before purchase. Individual product pages on The Good Guys website show which products earn StoreCash. StoreCash expires 90 days after issue and is issued within 5 business days after delivery/collection of qualifying purchase which must be within 60 days of purchase. Personal purchases only. Exclusions and purchase limits apply. Each StoreCash reward must be used in one transaction and no change/credit for any unused balance. Refer to StoreCash T&Cs & Digital Wallet T&Cs for details, including how to be notified about StoreCash deposits to your Digital Wallet.