480g pork belly with skin
2 tbsp freshly chopped ginger
1 bunch shallots, cleaned and roughly chopped
2 bulbs wild garlic, peeled and diced
1L chicken stock
80ml black vinegar
100g salt (brine mix)
- Soak the pork in salted water (brine) overnight
- Preheat the Electrolux Steam oven to 130°C.
- using the Electrolux Steam function
- Rinse the pork and cut into 2cm thick strips
- Place into a baking tray
- Add the ginger, wild garlic, chicken stock, white soy and black vinegar.
- Cook for 4 hours
- Remove pork from the liquid
- Serve with lots of fresh herbs and garden leaves
Recipe by James Viles, Electrolux Ambassador and chef and owner of Biota Dining, one of Australia’s most respected young chefs and restaurateurs for his commitment to sustainability and his imaginative modern food.
Want more steam oven recipes? View cookbook