We will provide refunds pursuant to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (the “Act”) namely, if the goods you purchased:-
A. Are not of merchantable quality;
B. Are not fit for its purpose;
C. Do not match the sample.
You should return your goods within a reasonable time if A-C above occurs and provide Us with:
- Proof of purchase by producing the original Tax Invoice. Your Tax Invoice will be provided on despatch from a Store.
- The Goods listed on the Tax Invoice with all original packaging and manuals enclosed (including any Bonus Offers)
- Suitable ID to identify you as the original purchaser; and
- Details of the fault or issue with the product and that the fault or issue was not caused by you.
- All refunds over $200 for an online web sale are made via The Good Guys Support Centre once a Payment Request Form has been submitted by the relevant store. Credit Card or PayPal funds will then be refunded back to the customer’s account by Support Centre. This process may take up to 10 business days to occur.
- All refunds under $200 for an online web sale can be issued in store and immediately applied to the customers credit / debit card. In the case where a PayPal account was used a store credit can be issued.
- All refunds for purchases made in store can be made by the relevant staff of The Good Guys store where the original purchase was made. Credit Card and EFTPOS payments will then be refunded back to the customers account. This process can be actioned in store immediately. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee to cover Our reasonable costs in respect of your order if you cancel your order.
- In both instances the customer must present themseleves to the relevant store in person with all necessary documentation (tax invoice, web order ID, suitable ID and the product /s in question).
Where a customer has used a Gift Card online, the store must process a refund equalling the gift card redemption amount via gift card, additional credit card or PayPal payments are to be refunded as above.
Subject to the Act non-returnable Items include, but are not limited to:
- Gift cards
- Pre-paid cards such as music, photo, video, or phone cards
- Digital content
- Consumable items (such as batteries)
- Items that are severely damaged or abused
- Where the unique product serial number has been obscured, defaced, removed or does not match records of stock carried at The Good Guys
- Items that are missing accessories, such as remote controls, cords, and cables
- Etched or otherwise personalised items
- Opened computer software, movies, music and video games
If a Product is damaged on delivery, then you should refuse to take receipt of that Product and notify Us immediately.
If you notice damage to a Product after delivery, you should notify Us immediately and We will arrange for return of the product in accordance with these terms and conditions.
You will be liable for any costs incurred relating to delivery or installation, where the Products have been delivered to you, unless the product is found to be faulty or damaged.
You must also return any Bonus Offers included with your original purchase in an “as new” order with all original packaging and manuals enclosed to receive a full refund.
If the Bonus Offer is a Non-Returnable Item, the value of the Bonus Offer will be subtracted from the purchase price of the item being returned and you will be refunded the difference. Cancelling an order
You may cancel an order (whether it is accepted by Us or not) by; contacting the store where the order was placed, presenting in store proof of purchase and identity. On cancelling the order, We will refund your payment in accordance with our Refund Policy.
If We cannot stop the shipment of the order at the time of cancellation, then you will be required to refuse delivery or return the products in order to receive a refund in accordance with Our Refund Policy and;
We reserve the right to charge an administration fee to cover Our reasonable costs in respect of your order cancelled order.