The Good Guys have adopted the National Privacy Principles as set out in Schedule 3 to the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
To view the Schedule visit http://www.privacy.gov.au/materials/types/infosheets/view/6583 .
What personal Information does The Good Guys collect and hold about you?
When you visit The Good Guys website, the following information will be recorded by our Internet Service Provider (ISP) for statistical purposes:
- Your server address
- Your top level domain (e.g. .com, .gov, .au etc)
- The date and time of your visit to the site
- The pages accessed and the documents downloaded
- The previous site visited, and
- The type of browser and operating system used
No attempt will be made to identify you or your browsing activities from these records except in the unlikely event of an investigation by the ISP, or where a law enforcement agency exercise a warrant to inspect ISP log’s.
When you make a purchase on The Good Guys website, or send us a message requesting assistance or information about any of our products and/or services, you acknowledge and consent that by providing us with your personal information that we may collect, use, and disclose this information for the purposes in which it was collected, or to communicate with you about a related or ancillary reason. This could include but is not limited to the following reasons:
- To process and fulfil the order you have placed, including communicating its status, and contacting you about delivery
- To respond to your request for product or service information
- Administer and manage the services we provide you
- To third party service providers that assist us with the fulfilment or improvement of our products and services
- For reporting purposes, or compliance in line with our legal obligations
- To prevent fraud against yourself, The Good Guys, or another third party
- To seek your feedback in relation to the products or services you have purchased by way of a product review
- To improve our website
- To communicate with you on a regular basis about any offers, promotions, products, or services that may be of interest
In order to fulfil all or any of the criteria above, we may contact you by the most appropriate method given individual circumstances, and this may include; email, SMS, MMS, mail, social media, or telephone.
We take all reasonable steps to protect all personal or company information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Your information is stored securely whether in an electronic or physical form. For example, only personnel requiring access to the information are allowed access. All personal, company or confidential information is stored in secured premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
Some information is kept for a number of years to comply with legal requirements. Any personal information that is no longer needed is destroyed.
Access and correction
You can request access at any time to personal information that we hold. We will process your request within a reasonable time. There is no fee for requesting access to your information; however we may charge you the reasonable cost of processing your request. You may ask us at any time to correct personal information held by us about you which you believe is incorrect or out of date.
We aim to ensure that all information we hold, which we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. You must promptly notify us if there are any changes to your personal information.
Links to other websites
The Good Guys website contains links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by The Good Guys. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites.
Ratings and Reviews
The Good Guys we reserve the right to publish part or all of your submitted reviews or ratings together with your first name and suburb.